Wall units are usually pre-manufactured pieces of furniture that have been around for many years now. You can mostly find this type of furniture in large houses, but did you know that wall units are assembled from different components and are usually fixed to the wall of a room? Because of this, they can be suited to fit any space.
This wall could be a part of the living room, kitchen, personal library or even the bedroom. Most wall units are created from hardwood such as oak, maple, cedar and paduk woods, but currently the more modern designs are made from metal or glass. Sometimes, they even combine both materials.
Although cabinets are the most common wall units, you can also find wall units that are made as tables, shelves, desks and chairs. If you’re looking to add a wall unit to your home, then you might get some ideas from the following images.
The Best Wall Units
Hardwood Wall Units
1.This unit was made for the living room with its huge TV space, perfect to fit a wide flat screen television.
2. For all of you who have cabins out in the woods, or if you simply just want to bring that outdoors feeling to the comfort of your room, this unique wall unit might catch your eye.
3. This would fit greatly in a tight space between rooms.
4. This unit will definitely give you more space to display frames, flower pots or even different sets of books or movies.
5. Although wall units have only become common in recent years, this doesn’t necessarily mean that there aren’t any classical designs.
Kitchen Wall Units
6. Here’s a unique wall unit that also works as a stove and cabinet.
7. Most designers would suggest that these types of units are best placed on top or below your kitchen counter. In this case, you will have enough space in your kitchen.
8. This matted black kitchen wall unit comes with sliding doors to help you keep your kitchen looking clean by taking your kitchenware out of site.
Living Room Wall Units
9. Yes, this type of units will perfectly organize your living room, also adding more style to it at the same time.
10. Here’s an open system wall unit specifically created for a large entertainment system.
11. This one makes great use of other shelving unit designs like floating shelves.
12. Not all wall units that are placed in the living room have a space for a flat screen television. There are also those that were designed for other materials, but always serving as a shelving unit.
13. If you’re going for a clean modern, yet simple-looking, room, this is surely the wall unit you’ll want to buy.
14. Get that modern look that you’ve always wanted with this wall unit designed to match the rest of the rooms’ furniture and general decor.
15. This picture shows a futuristic wall unit design where the only wall you can see is the unit itself.
16. This design was meant for people who wish to constantly remember the classic rock n’ roll days of legendary guitarists like Jimmy Hendrix.
Bedroom Wall Units
17. Here’ a plain white wall unit where you can place all your clothes, shoes and accessories. It even comes with a large closet space where you can hang some of your suits or dresses.
18. Would you still want to go to the living room if you could have a wall unit in your bedroom that allowed you to place your television inside? I don’t think so!
19. Check out this black and white themed wall unit that was created to make this bedroom look unique.
20. This is a large white wall unit that comes with a place for your TV, as well as shelves for your books and cabinets with glass doors to store your collections and other items.
Multipurpose Wall Units
21. You seldom see a wall unit placed in the corner of a room, but here’s one! Most wall units take up large amounts of space just for one site of the room, but like in everything else there’s always a model for every taste.
22. This very unique wall unit provides storage space, also working as a fireplace.
Library Wall Units
23. We know that you can easily see a huge television in the picture, but this wall unit can also be placed in your study room or your library. Its upper shelves can easily be converted into bookshelves or store anything you want.
24. Storage space is a common problem for book lovers. If your collection has amassed into a huge library, then why not get a wall unit like this one? You can have a great place to store your books and other items, while still boosting the decor of your home.
25. Painted in full black, this wall unit greatly complements the bookshelves on top, making it look like one big wall unit.
Although this type of furniture might not constitute an easy DIY project, such as floating shelves and bookcases, they can still be a great addition to your home. Choosing the right wall unit that matches your other furniture will add plenty of style, as well as storage space to any room.
Since most wall units are large, you might need a big space to place yours if you ever plan to get one. One downside in getting a wall unit is that they are often expensive, especially if they are made from hardwood. Another factor that that will add to your final bill is that you’ll need to pay for professional help to set up the wall unit. However, if you have the cash and space, then you should definitely get one.