Take a good look at your shoe collection, the overall size of your closet or shoe storage space and of course, your budget. Here, you get to read some of the finest tips that help you stack up and store your shoes like a pro. You can now display your choicest shoes in the right way, reach out for them in an easy manner and make ensure that they look as good as new –for a long time.
Read on and find the idea that best suits your space and the overall nature of your footwear collection.
Categorize your Shoes
Before you go about the task of storing them in the most creative way, it’s advisable to categorize your footwear into these categories:
· Shoes worn on a daily basis.
· Shoes worn during weekends or once in a while.
· Shoes worn only on special occasions.
Figure out your shoe storage needs, measure the available space in your environment and go through this comprehensive list of valuable tips, before you choose to buy a specific shoe storage solution.
Shoe Storage Tips: Store your Footwear like a Pro
1. Shoe racks: The most traditional form of shoe storage, shoe racks are now available in a range of incarnations: wooden shoe racks, floor shoe racks, eco-friendly shoe racks and on-the-door/ over-the-door shoe racks. De-clutter your collection before purchasing a rack. There is no point purchasing space for shoes that you no longer need. Measure up the space required at least three times, before you set off to the store. Shoe racks have different shelves for knee-high boots, high heels and hiking boots—so, choose accordingly.
2. Custom Shelves: User defined shelves have an up market appeal and increase the glam quotient too. You can have tailor made shelves and shoe storing spaces built in accordance to your collection; in the perfect way. It is important to measure up your requirements correctly and hire an expert carpenter to do the job.
3. Shoe boxes: Plastic and fiber shoe boxes serve as a great option for serious shoe collections as well. Apart from protecting your footwear from pets and elements, they also provide easy ways of stacking up your shoes –in accordance to your frequency of use. You can stick a picture of the shoe on top of the box or label it with the designer’s name and type of shoe.
4. Custom shoe closets: if you are desirous of having a luxurious shoe storage space, then go in for smart and innovatively designed container stores or walk-in closets for the same. Custom shelving in this designated closet requires a blueprint of your storing requirements, a handy man to convert an existing closet into one specifically designed for shoes and yes, a few hours for organizing and arranging your shoes the right way.
5. Under bed shoe boxes
The phrase “out of sight out of mind” certainly does not apply to your shoes placed neatly under the bed. So, instead of putting in all the shoes in your collection under your couch or bed, simply choose the ones you would like to wear on New Year’s Eve or for your special appearance at a celebrity party. The dead space beneath your bed is the best place for your exquisite shoe collection.
6. Tower and Bookcase Shoe Cases: Book cases with adjustable shelving options are also a great way of storing and displaying and storing your shoes. You can use a high shelved book case for storing your vintage cowboy boots while the one with lower shelves can be used to store your stylish sandals and not-so-frequently used footwear.
7. Boot Storage Solutions: Boots are made of slouchy fabric, are bigger in size and occupy more space too. They need to be stored in a manner where they can remain upright. Boots are best left covered and they can be stacked in a line on the floor of your closet or under the stairway.
8. Get Creative: You need not go in for conventional shoe storage ideas; if you would rather be innovative and creative. Look around for places that can be used in fanciful ways. stair treads, standard steps and the space between the wall and other lesser used pieces of furniture can be transformed into interesting shoe racks.
9. Unused Pipes and Cans: You can use unused pipes or coffee/cans/ other containers that are 4-6-inches in diameter to make your own shoe rack. Apart from adding a personal touch to your environment, you can also look forward to having custom defined space for your footwear collection.
10. Old Cabinets: If you are going through the process of restoring your house or integrating home improvement methods to increase the available space, then you can re-invent your old cabinets or cupboards to double up as storage space for your shoes. Upper shelves and cabinets offer the best place for lesser used shoes.
11. The Landing Strip: Storing and taking off your shoes at the entrance to your doors, a small landing strip or a specially defined mud room is a great means of prohibiting the entry of dirt into your house and allows you to keep your shoes in an easily accessible place.
12. Wet Shoes: if you are looking for an ideal storage space for your wet footwear and boots, then lay out river rocks and stones in a boot tray—it is a good way of getting rid of excess moisture and making your shoes fit for going back into their closets.
These simple but easy-to –implement tips go a long way in helping you take care of your prized shoe collection and store them in the best possible way. From readymade shoe closets to DIY racks made of recycled stuff from your immediate environment, the options are indeed many. With these guidelines in place, you can store your shoes in a healthy way, eradicate the nuisance of mud, pollutants and other allergens from your home (at least to a large extent) and make sure that you find your footwear in the right place; whenever you need.
Smart shoe storage options are cost effective and convenient and go a long way in making your life easier than before. Think about it—you will not be disappointed!